Real Tolerant Indians for centuries and
still tolerating: Read Cho Ramaswamy’s write-up in Tughlaq
The President has complained that the people be more tolerant and understanding – Fantastic and very commendable.
Let us analyse our tolerance level and find where we are lacking .
1.Politicians have improved from their corruption target of few lakhs to 1.76-2.0 lakh crores and we tolerate them.
2.Election time – self declaration wealth of 1000 crores, and we never asked them from where they got this from their previous statement of few lakhs 5 years back. Not only that we accept his so many privileges and subsidised everything from idlies to plane tickets and “ Z plus ‘ security and traffic snarls because of their movement.
3. We also tolerate that sons and relatives are the natural choice of becoming their successors in positions like CM, ministers etc We justify that by saying we are used to Rajah and Zamindars and we accept them as their right.
4.Parliament and assemblies have become circus arena and fish market with shouting, counter shouting, flinging of objects and abuses. We appreciate their heroic sense of responsibility and praise them with poems and lectures on their achievements.
5. For 50 years each successive government have promised to bring in the black money and they are still trying !.Endless list of offenders, bank cheaters, fraudsters are published by all media with proofs. But they continue to live the same lavish style and are very well taken care by the politicians. They scratch each others back. We just don’t bother and ignore saying “ nothing is going to happen “ and just get on with our own miserable life.
6. Fake doctors, fake lawyers, fake teachers, fake medicines fake everything ! many times they look better than originals-Do we complain – No, Mr President.
7.Our pride, the” excellent” condition of roads , water contamination, power cuts, hospital hygiene , we never complain and we learn to live them and adjust to realities.
8.Doctors steal kidneys, teachers help students to copy ( even a DIG was caught copying recently) bank officials loot the bank cash in their own way, police help the criminals What happens – nothing It is all tv entertainment news for us . We sit and enjoy the loud talk shows and debates and forget everything the very next moment. We are not ashamed that the rest of world is laughing at us and we are jeopardizing the values of our institutions and students.
9.Government lavishly throw money meant for development for freebies like tv, mixies,grinders, goats, cycles and laptops ( only to their party affiliates ) and call it their achievement .We admire them and make posters ,cutouts 50-60 ft high right in the middle of roads and garland them.
10. Corruption in all levels and our bureaucracy is brilliant in devising ways to collect money from public. . Any alternate or improvement is shot down promptly, by devising method to subvert and bypass them. No can ever beat them in short circuiting the system and make it ineffective.
11.Pakistan crosses our border and beheads our soldiers and China tells us to vacate from our own land . Do we object –NO . we only warn them and we are tolerant.
12. There is Power shortage, Rape, farmers suicide, drought ,river water fights between states. Do we bother. We are only concerned with why Dhoni did not score a century in every test and why Salman khan did not smile at Sharukh Khan when they met !!
We all know nothing happens to anyone who violates any civic or/and traffic rules or for that matter any rules !!
So Mr. President where did you find us intolerant and please be specific so that we can ‘improve’ further.
परोपकाराय फलन्ति वृक्षा: परोपकाराय वहन्ति नद्यः।
परोपकाराय दुहन्ति गावः परोपकाराय इदं शरीरम्।
( hari krishnamurthy K. HARIHARAN)"” When people hurt you Over and Over think of them as Sand paper.They Scratch & hurt you, but in the end you are polished and they are finished. ”"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too, can become great."- Mark Twain.
யாம் பெற்ற இன்பம் பெருக வையகம்
பெற்றதாய்தனை மகமறந்தாலும் பிள்ளையைப் பெறுந்தாய் மறந்தாலும்
உற்ற தேகத்தை உயிர்ம றந்தாலும் உயிரை மேவிய உடல் மறந்தாலும்
கற்றநெஞ்சம் கலைமறந்தாலும் கண்கள்நின் றிமைப்பது மறந்தாலும்
நற்றவத்தவர் உள்ளிருந்தோங்கும் நமச்சிவாயத்தை நான்மற வேனே.
"புழுவாய்ப் பிறக்கினும் புண்ணியாவுன்னடி
யென்மனத்தே வழுவா திருக்க வரந்தர வேண்டும்
visit my blog https://harikrishnamurthy.wordpress.com
follow me @twitter lokakshema_hari
VISIT MY PAGE https://www.facebook.com/K.Hariharan60 AND LIKE