|Indoor Leg Workout:
If you don’t have a treadmill, and you don’t really want to buy one either, then you can just as easily use the stairs at your home to get a good workout. The routine takes about 5 minutes and can be performed daily:
1. Start by walking up and down one flight normally.
2. Slowly walk up sideways, crossing bottom foot over top, walk down normally and repeat facing the opposite direction. Try to keep your head up while doing this but also be careful not to fall over.
3. Step up on the first stair, then down, starting with right foot (right up, left up, right down, left down). Do this 10 times, take a moment to breath and repeat, starting with the left foot.
4. Climb the stairs two steps at a time and go down normally but quickly, using each step.
5. Run up the stairs and walk down normally.
6. Repeat numbers 4 and 5 another four times.
7. At the bottom, place your right foot on the first or second step, bend your knees, and lower into a lunge. Keep the right knee directly over the ankle as you do so. Push off with right foot to return to start. Repeat with your left leg and then alternate legs until you do 20 lunges total.
8. Walk up and down normally one time to relax and do some stretching.