12 Facts About Sikhism That Will Make You Respect It Even More
“Love me when I least deserve it, because that’s when I really need it.”
– Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
Sikhism teaches you to follow an unparalleled doctrine of life, many call it an unconventional religion, but the fact that everyone agrees upon is that the Sikhs undoubtedly are a cool lot.
1. It is the World’s 5th largest religion.
3. It Originated in India, over 500 years ago.
5. Sikhs Turbans Symbolizes discipline, integrity, humility, and spirituality.
6. The Gurdwara usually has four doors to show that it is open to all.
7. Anyone to enter a Gurdwara must cover their head and take their shoes off. Hands are washed and even feet in some places.
8. There are no chairs in a Gurudwara. Everyone sits on the floor.
9. The Sikh scripture, the Guru Granth Sahib, is the only major religious text which contains writings by teachers of other faiths.
10. Sikhism is the only religion where you find that more than 99% of people do not smoke.
11. Sikhs do not believe in Heaven or Hell or salvation after death.
12. There are over 30 million Sikhs worldwide.