8 Wonders of the Jagannath Temple in Puri –1. Flag always flaps in opposite direction of air.
2. From any place in Puri you, will always find the Sudarshan Charka (Charka at top of Temple) facing you.
3. Normally during day-time, air comes from sea to land and during evening, the vice-versa occurs. But in Puri it’s totally opposite.
4. No bird or planes fly above the Temple.
5. The shadow of the main dome is invisible at any time of the day.
6. The quantity of cooked food insidethe Temple remains same for the entire year. But that same quantity of prasadam can feed few thousand people and 20 lac people, Still it won’t get wasted.
7. In the Temple kitchen, 7 pots are kept on each other and cooked on firewood. In this process the contents in the top pot get cooked first and then the bottom one.
8. After entering from Singhadwara’s first step (from inside of the Temple), you can’t hear any sound produced by the ocean. But, when you cross the same step (from outside of the Temple) you can hear it. This can be noticed clearly during evening.JAY JAGANATH
परोपकाराय फलन्ति वृक्षा: परोपकाराय वहन्ति नद्यः।
परोपकाराय दुहन्ति गावः परोपकाराय इदं शरीरम्।।
( hari krishnamurthy K. HARIHARAN)"
” When people hurt you Over and Over think of them as Sand paper.
They Scratch & hurt you, but in the end you are polished and they are finished. ”
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too, can become great."- Mark Twain.
யாம் பெற்ற இன்பம்
visit my blog https://harikrishnamurthy.wordpress.com
follow me @twitter lokakshema_hari
VISIT MY PAGE https://www.facebook.com/K.Hariharan60 AND LIKE