WHO is BRAHMIN? LORD KRISHNA ANSWERS (Excerpts from the English book ‘THE GREAT HINDU TRADITION’)
The conversation between Sri Yudhishtra and Sri Krishna Paramatma on Braahmanyam would be worth a glance here.
This is contained in the 96th and 97th chapters of the Aswamedika Parva- one out of the eighteen parvas.
Kesava! Janardhana! Who is a Brahmin?What is his true character?
Sri Krishna: Listen to Me, Oh, Yudhishtra! Great one among the ardent followers of dharma! It is they:
* who have tuft, who wear Yajyopaveeta,
* who worship Agni,
* who love their spouse,
* who recite Vedas,
* who worship Devi Gayatri through performing Sandhyavandana
* who perform their duties towards guests and
* who perform pitru karmas with devotion…
Oh King, Pandava, listen to me further. Even if one were to be a Brahmin by birth and were
to be highly accomplished, I will consider their life a mere waste if they
* do not perform Deva karmas,
* are greedy,
* have no love for their spouse,
* discriminate while serving food,
* show disrespect to their mother, father or Guru
* do not perform Sandhyavandana,
* do not respect the words of father-in-law and mother-in-law,
* earn their living by usury,
* are impostors
* and neglect their nitya karmas
परोपकाराय फलन्ति वृक्षा: परोपकाराय वहन्ति नद्यः।
परोपकाराय दुहन्ति गावः परोपकाराय इदं शरीरम्।।
( hari krishnamurthy K. HARIHARAN)"
” When people hurt you Over and Over think of them as Sand paper. They Scratch & hurt you, but in the end you are polished and they are finished. ” "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too, can become great."- Mark Twain.
a happy go lucky person by nature,committed to serve others and remove their sufferings through all possible help. POSTS IN MY BLOG ARE MY OWN OPINION, COLLECTIONS OF INTERESTING ARTICLES FROM FROM VARIOUS SOURCES. MY ONLY AIM IS TO SHARE GOOD THINGS WITH OTHERS WHICH MAY BE USEFUL TO OTHERS AND NOT TO HURT ANY ONE'S FEELINGS.
If you like my blog, like me,follow me, share with others, reblog
If you have some suggestions post comments
your suggestions and comments are eagerly awaited
View all posts by harikrishnamurthy